-->

Friday, July 30, 2010

What I've been working on all day....

...or alternatively titled: "Why I am needing to have my head examined"

So, I had this "bright idea" right....

"Hey, I'm artistic! I'll make M's birthday cake! I'll make a spiderman cake..... lemme try this fondant stuff..... I've used it once before (very small scale... I used it to make Petit Fours). I bet I can do it! It'll be fun!"

humf

Seven hours later....... I'm done. Finally. Guess what? It's a heck of a lot harder to make a multi-tier fondant cake than it is to cover a Petit Four! Just because, I guess I feel I have far too much free time on my hands, I decided to make my own fondant too! ::::shakes head:::: Will I ever learn?

Anyway, here's the final product. My first fondant cake. My second time using fondant....ever!




12 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Well it looks great - how does it taste? I think I'll hire out for that one!

Kari said...

Wow. Great job! I've made and decorated lots of cakes, but none with fondant. Now for the question... how does it taste?! Happy Birthday to your little one!

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

Love it!! Way to go.. I have decorated cakes.. but would never even try foundant.. Well done Friend! I think you did a great job.. Now grab a lemonade and relax

Becky (So Very Blessed) said...

WOW! That looks amazing! I've only used fondant (pre-made) once and I hated it and haven't even attempted to use it since! Some people can work miracles with the stuff, but I am NOT one of those people!

otherwise known as mom said...

Holy cow, Batman...I mean spiderman!! That looks awesome for a first 'big cake' attempt. I let my kids try the stuff last fall one time on a two layer cake. They had tons of fun making it, but they wouldn't even touch the stuff to eat it. I tried a piece and had to agree with them. The premade fondant I used tasted just awful! Got a good recipe? I've decorated cakes for years, but always been too busy to make the leap to serious fondant use.

Sharon Cohen said...

That is over-over-and-over the top! I am impressed with your stick-to-it-iveness.

WeeMasonMan's Mom said...

That looks really good! You did a great job!!

Ray said...

Wow, you did an awesome job!
I love baking, but have never done something this nice!

Carol said...

You are amazing! It looks splendid and delicious! Great job momma!

Sunny said...

You did an excellent job. I know that with all the time you put in you hated to see it cut.

Bethany said...

Wow! Looks good! I'll have to show you my Big Mac cake sometime...that was exhausting! lol The things we do for love, huh? :)

Lula Lola said...

How cool! I'm so impressed! I bet he was thrilled!