-->

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Presto, Chango!

I'm sure many of you have been to Monica's uber-awesome blog, Pixel Perfect.

Every Thursday, she has a "before/after" blog hop (which is a blast, and I fully intend on linking up to later on today, when she has this week's up and running)

Last week, she had an INCREDIBLE edit. She fully removed a person from a photo, moved another individual over in the shot, making for a family photo that never actually happened.

After I picked my jaw up off the ground, I decided I needed some practice with Photoshop! See, until I get my DSLR, I decided quite a while ago that I was not only going to learn the camera in my possession inside and out, but also do my best to learn all the ins and outs of Photoshop and Lightroom. So I practice........ a lot. I take between 250 - 500 shots a week, and many of these I play with in Photoshop.

So, yesterday, inspired by Monica, I attempted to remove a person from a photo.

Here's the original:



....and with a wave of my magic wand... (or many, many hours of cloning, lassoing, etc...) I got this!





While far from perfect, I'm quite proud of my first attempt at doing this, ever! Thanks Monica, for inspiring me to get outside my comfort zone, and try something new, and extremely challenging!

3 comments:

Mary said...

That's awesome! My mom is a photographer and a pro at editing. She will take some pictures of a big family and if a little one isn't looking she will just take their face from another pic where they are smiling. So cool. I just learned how to do it too and what a cool trick.

Looks like you are having a ton of fun with your photography! Your pictures are great

Tara said...

Great job! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Heather said...

What you did, removing that little girl from the picture, is beyond impressive! I've done some PhotoShop-ing and it is so hard and very time consuming! Amazing work!!