-->

Sunday, January 9, 2011

25 Things you didn't know about me...

1. When I was born, my hair had a lot of blond in it. Even as a little kids, you could see lots of it in my hair....you wouldn't know it now, as my hair(naturally) is closer to black than it is to blond!

2. I love to sing, and am pretty good at it. I am also pretty good at writing poems and essays, and have had a few poems published. Ironically, I can't write songs to save my life.......

3. The people who know me best get my sense of humor, and see me as funny and outgoing. You wouldn't know it though, when I'm in a large group of people I don't know very well....I am painfully shy, but I've been working on that! :)

4. I'm really soft-hearted.....perhaps an over-wound sense of empathy? I tend to get teary eyed easily at other people's joys and sorrows.

5. I love animals, and really miss having a dog.

6. I am definitely a lot more like Tigger than I am Eeyore!

7. I think laughter has power....and that it really, truly is the best medicine. The more we laugh, the better we feel, and the smaller our problems seem!

8. Horror movies scare the poo outta me. Give me a comedy, drama, romance.....anything else!

9. I am overwhelmingly passionate about any and everything I put my heart into. My family, my art.....all of it. I give 150% of myself.

10. I don't think I've ever been called "too serious" before.....ever. I try to have fun in everything I do. I struggle with this when it comes to laundry.....

11. I'd rather be too cold than too hot. Which is good, because I'm usually freezing! I think it's much easier to warm up than it is to cool down.

12. I love slippers. You rarely see me without them on in my house.

13. I was blessed with an amazing family! Both my immediate, and my extended family is filled with amazing, wonderful, inspiring people who I'm honored to share a heritage with.

14. I love getting text messages. They make me smile :)

15. I think of it as a huge compliment anytime someone takes time outta their day to think of me.

16. Coming up with 25 things you didn't know about me is really hard, cuz I'm a pretty open person!

17. Peanut butter may be my favorite food ever. Turkey is a close second, but it wins out if served with dressing, mashed potatoes, and corn. French Onion soup is up there pretty high too. :)

18. I can't use someone else's toothbrush. It totally grosses me out. If someone accidentally uses my tooth brush, I go buy a new one.

19. I'm really good at improvisation. I make my friends/family giggle with lyrics and things I come up with on the fly. :)

20. I enjoy sports, and have played baseball, volleyball, and swam competitively while I was still in school.

21. I love attention & love being on a stage, which is really odd considering I'm actually a pretty shy person. I'm a bit of a riddle :)

22. I'm a really happy, bubbly person. So much so, that the other day, my husband woke up grumbly, to which I said, "Awww.....someone woke up on the grumpy side of the bed today!" and he replied, "Well, I can't get up on your side of the bed. It's too sunny over there!" :)

23. I have a love/hate relationship with spiders. I love taking macro shots of them, and am in complete awe of the beauty of their webs. On the other hand, they totally freak me out. I mean, I'm fine with spiders if I know where they are......but they are like these little miniature ninjas that just pop out of nowhere and make me scream. I'm just say'n :)

24. I am super-duper ticklish.....sometimes just looking like you're gonna tickle me gets me going!

25. I can't stand it when pieces are missing from things...(toys, puzzles, etc). I drive myself nutty finding each and every last piece of everything when I clean up the play room.

2 comments:

Discovery School at First Baptist Heath said...

WOW! I would have never guessed aabout the peanut butter, but I think I knew the res..LOL Hope your day rocks.. and if I knew your cell number i would text you at least once a day! :)

laughwithusblog said...

#3 Describes me as well! #21 I really love acting so I love the real stage. Otherwise I hate everyone's eyes on me! I enjoyed your list!